11 offences committed by Chebukati, states Raila Odinga.
The Azimio la Umoja coalition filed its presidential petition today at the supreme court of law.
The Coalition led by Raila Odinga has argued that the independent electoral and boundaries commission chairman, Wafula Chebukati committed a list of offences.
The Azimio la Umoja coalition stated that Chebukati committed offences despite being monitored by the Elections offence act.
The Azimio la Umoja stated that , Chebukati did not allow for verification of results from the form 34C therefore whatever results he announced were fraudulent.
Azimio la Umoja stated,”The 2nd Respondent used his office as the National Returning Officer to usurp the powers, duties as the responsibilities of the commissioners and unilaterally and secretly tallied, verified and declared a fraudulent outcome.”
The Azimio la Umoja coalition went ahead to list a total of 11offences committed by Chebukati, the independent electoral and boundaries commission chairman.
11 offences committed by Chebukati;
1.The IEBC chairman, Wafula Chebukati, made entries to the system that were not true.
2.Wafula Chebukati omitted some results in the final process of Verifying the results.
3.The Independent electoral and boundaries commission showed favorism to one presidential candidate.
4.Wafula Chebukati got hold of election materials without the knowledge or authority of other commissioners.
5. The IEBC chair prevented the mandated IEBC officials from fulfilling their duty
6. Wafula Chebukati made a false statement in front of all Kenyans.
7.IEBC chair gazetted information that predicted and influenced the outcome of the presidential results.
8. The independent electoral and boundaries commission chair, Wafula chebukati, Hacked and altered the IEBC portal that was showing results.
9.Wafula Chebukati intentionally entered false figures into the portal therefore altering data.
10. IEBC chair also input and altered with computer data inorder to interfere with the results.
11. Wafula Chebukati used his power unlawfully by act in the best interest of one candidate