Visa Exemption for citizens of both countries among other agreements between Congo and Kenya.
President William Ruto’s State Visit to the Republic of Congo has led to the signing of the following Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), & agreements which will unlock the substantial trade potential between Kenya and the Republic of Congo.
He stated,”The ties with the Republic of Congo provides us with a unique opportunity to reinvigorate our bilateral relations, reaffirm our steadfast commitment to multilateralism and our unwavering unity of purpose as Africans. The various agreements and MoUs signed today will unlock the huge trade potential between our two countries.”
Below is the list of Agreements and MoUs signed;
1. Agreement relating to Visa Exemption for citizens of both countries.
2. MOU on Bilateral Cooperation in the Field of Agriculture and Livestock Development
3. MOU on the Promotion of Cooperatives
4. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Sustainable Management of Forests
5. MOU on Cooperation in the Fields of Technical Education and Vocational Training (TVET)
6. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Higher Education and Research
7. MOU on Basic Education
8. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Communication and Media
9. MOU on Posts, Telecommunication and the Digital Economy
10. MOU on Cooperation in the Oil and Gas Sector
11. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Mining and Geology
12. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Tourism
13. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Sports
14. MOU on Cooperation the Field of Crafts
15. MOU on Cooperation in the Field of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
16. MOU on Political Consultations
17. MOU on Diplomatic Training
18. MOU between the National School of Administration and Magistracy of the Republic of Congo and the Kenya School of Government (KSG)