Breast cancer ranks second in cancer deaths in Kenya.
According to a report from Ministry of Health, Breast cancer ranks second in cancer deaths in Kenya.
The health ministry stated that Breast cancer accounts for around 3000 deaths in women. It added that about seven women succumb to breast cancer daily in the country.
MoH stated,”Breast cancer accounts for over 3,107 deaths making it the 2nd leading cause of all cancer deaths in the country. 7 women die every day in Kenya as a result of breast cancer.”
Ministry of Health also revealed that breast cancer is the leading type of cancer with an estimated 6,799 annually.
MoH stated,”It contributes to 12.5% of the overall cancer burden.”
The statistics report also indicated other additional nine types of cancer, with prostate and cervical among the leading in causing death.
October being cancer awareness month; this statistics report is part of a strategy to create awareness on breast cancer.
Also read Ambrose Rachier explains what free masonry entails; Details
Breast cancer awareness is a strategy for breast cancer, its detection, its treatment, and the need for a reliable, permanent cure.
Breast cancer warning signs
- 1.New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- 2.Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- 3.Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- 4.Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- 5.Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
- Ways of preventing breast cancer
- 1.Ask your doctor about breast cancer screening.
- 2.Become familiar with your breasts through breast self-exam for breast awareness.
- 3. Drink alcohol in moderation
- 4.Exercise most days of the week.
- 4.Limit postmenopausal hormone therapy.
- 5.Maintain a healthy weight.
- 6.Choose a healthy diet.