Public service commission announces CAS jobs.
Public service commission announces opening ; In a notice they are seeking to employ chief administrative scretaries( CAS)
The notice read,”Following the establishment of the Office of the Chief Administrative Secretary by H.E the President under Article 132(4) (a) of the Constitution as read with Section 30 of the Public Service Commission Act, 2017, the Public Service Commission hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for appointment.”
In 2018, Uhuru stated,”I have decided to establish a new position in government, the position of Chief Administrative Secretary in all our ministries.
Roles of a CAS
Responsible to the Cabinet Secretary in the performance of his/her duties.
1. Must be a Kenyan citizen and should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
2. Demonstrate the ability to manage the administrative-political interface.
3.Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to articulate public policies and programmes.
4. Show the ability to undertake complex, require engagements with multi-institutions and other public officers.
5. Demonstrate the knowledge and application of national values as well as values and principles of public service.
6. Show knowledge and application of good governance, and also meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.