How to apply for 2023 wings to fly secondary school scholarship.
The Wings to Fly program targets high achieving yet needy (orphan or vulnerable) students identified by assessing their performance at the nationally administered Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
How to apply for the scholarship
All applicants should create a new account through the portal
at https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/ and fill in the 2023 application as follows.
Click on Create an Account.
You will be redirected to a new page where you will register into the Foundation.
Fill in all the fields provided.
Click on the Register button to submit your details.
1. Only 2022 KCPE candidates are viable to make an application for this
2. The information provided in the online form is intended to help Equity
Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
3. All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
4. The online application form must be filled accurately, honestly and completely. Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
5. You will be required to have soft/scanned copies of the following documents to complete the online application process.
• KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
• Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother is/are deceased)
• Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the
• Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs) • Copy of Pay Slip/Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are
• Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian.
Copy of birth certificate”
However a warning was issued,”Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader and any other leader. The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.”
Criteria for selection
1.Academically promising kids( top 5th percentile perfoming in their sub- county).
2.Children who have lost one or both parents and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – evidence in form of Death Certificates/Burial Permits/letter from your Chief should be attached
• Children whose parents are physically or mentally challenged and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
• Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illnesses and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – medical records should be sought.
• Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, and famine or civil conflict and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – family’s current living conditions
• Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
• Children with parents living under extreme poverty and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.